What video formats are supported?
The web site supports uploading of the following types of video files:
- aaf : Advanced Authoring Format
- 3gp : Third Generation Partnership Project
- asf : Advanced Systems Format
- avi : Audio Video Interleave
- dat : Digital Audio Tape
- flv : Flash video
- m1v : MPEG-1 video
- m2v : MPEG-2 video
- fla : Macromedia Flash (for producing)
- m4v : The M4V file format is a video container format developed by Apple and is very similar to the MP4 format - but can be optionally protected by DRM copy protection
- mkv : Matroska Multimedia Container
- mov : Container which enables any form of compression to be used with Sorenson codec being the most common
- qt : Legacy version of mov
- mpeg : Moving Picture Experts Group
- mpg : Same as mpeg
- mpe : Same as mpg
- mp4 : MPEG-4 Part 14
- ogg : Free, open container format
- rm : RealMedia
- swf : Macromedia Flash (for viewing)
- wmv : Windows Media Video
Saying this however, this site provides video playback using HTML5 supported Video. The only video format which is supported in all major browsers is MP4 (specifically, with an MP4 extention).
Additionally, Safari does not seem to appear to support HTML5 video, despite the rest of the internet saying that it does. If you're on a Mac, use Google Chrome which works just fine.
What is Logged?
Standard http-error, and http-access logging is done. Logs will be provided to the authorities if requested
Can one Search for Videos?
No. This service is not a public directory, and as such all files which reside in the data folder can only be accessed by knowing the correct filename.
Are videos censored?
No, videos are neither censored nor reviewed. We kindly request that people do not upload videos which may be offensive to the target audience.
Where do I report abusive videos?
As stated in the disclaimer below, we cannot be held responsible for the actions of its users. If you have come across an video which you find abusive, then you could only have received it on one of two ways:
- From the poster directly, in which case your report should go to his or her ISP.
- From a forum blog or similar, in which case the report should go to the administrators of said forum or blog
We are not here to police the Internet, nor are we here to filter or censor videos. Sufficient care has been taken to ensure that no virusses can be posted on either of our sites, but always take care when opening links from strangers.
I uploaded video by accident! How do I delete it?
We do not provide deletion links. If you have uploaded a video by accident, simply do not give the link out to anybody. The video will be automatically deleted once it has lived on the server for 72 hours.
TempVid is a free and easy service designed to allow people over the Internet to share videos with each other when other forms of technology are unsuitable or unfavourable. Automated video scripts, bots or otherwise is prohibited. Abuse of this service will result in your IP, or even your ISP being blocked for an indefinite period of time.
Due to the nature of this service, the site owner holds no responsibility for the actions of its users, or the potential abuse thereof. The contents of the servers are not backed up, and therefore this site holds no guarantee of service, and will not be held liable for any loss of content.